Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Product Review: Cantu Shea Soft Leave-in Conditioning Repair Cream

Product: Cantu Shea Soft Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream

Price: $5 for a 16oz jar

The Claim: "Cantu shea butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream is made with real shea butter and essential oils to replace vital oil in your hair leaving it stronger and healthier with a natural shine.

Cantu shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream can be used on wet hair as an intensive moisturizing treatment or to tame frizz and fly-aways.
Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream helps…
moisturize dry brittle hair with deep penetrating oil and emollients soften, detangle and add shine to hair protect hair against heat and sun styling damage provide extra protection from split ends and breakage"

Directions for:

Daily Styling – Apply to towel dried hair. Work a generous amount of product into hair beginning at the roots to the tips. Comb through for even distribution. Do not rinse. Apply more to longer hair at the ends or problem areas.

Leave In Treatment – Apply as directed for “Daily Styling” just after shampooing. Re-apply and cover with a plastic cap overnight for maximum absorption and intensive conditioning.

Frizz Free Hair – Apply daily to split ends or damaged areas. Comb through and let dry naturally.


***MY REVIEW***

After hearing all of the rave reviews about Cantu Shea leave-in I finally decided to try it. I am sooooooooo glad I did!! Even though I have only used it one time for a twist out, I can just tell that I am going to have many uses for it. I co-washed with HE "Color Me Happy" and had a pretty rough detangling session with Garnier Fructis "Sleek and Shine" ... yall know how I feel about that ish, but I have to use it up... I used half a bottle just to get rid of it! LOL

Afterwards, I mixed 2 parts Cantu and 1 part Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) in the lid and applied it to each section as I twisted. I wish I'd taken pics, but words will have to do here....as I applied and combed through each section I could see my curls clump and define from root to tip. Seriously...it was the definition of definition..LOL. I promise to take pics next time..

The Cantu made twisting a breeze, and I loved that my hair didn't have to be soaking wet for my fingers to glide as I twisted. My hair was completely dry by morning, and here are my results..

It's official... Cantu Shea Leave-in is a new staple of mine!!











No comments:

Post a Comment