Thursday, June 30, 2011

Product Review: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie






I'm back with another product review! I recently posted that I got my hands on some Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie (SMCES). I used it last week for a dry twist out from a wash n' go.


I love the consistency and slip of it; it's a great product for twisting but I don't know if it would do anything for my natural curl pattern. It's on the thick side and very creamy/watery (those two terms are contradictory but it's the only way I can think to describe it!). It's the type of product that would require you to smooth it in with a Denman brush to get the "enhanced" curls it speaks of.


Starting out with dry hair, and using only my fingers to part and detangle, I worked in smaller sections. I was generous with the SMCES on each section and twisting was a breeze. I used about 1 oz on my entire head...this product definitely goes a long way! It took about two hours to twist my whole head (I watched the movie "Inception" from start to finish) and I let them dry over a days time.




Here's the end result (and the pic at the top of this post). I love the way it turned out! The best part is that it lasted for days and I was able to re-twist at night without adding water or product. I will post more on that next time.





*Smooches*


No comments:

Post a Comment