Thursday, March 10, 2011

Product Review: Taliah Waajid's Curly Curl Cream


I know I recently posted about using bobby pins at the ends of my twist outs to prevent frizz, but shortly after that post, I tried a product that changed my outlook on how I can style my hair. That product is Taliah Waajid's Curly Curl Cream (pictured above is the Curl Sealer...umm..my bad! lol!). The cream is a new item in her line for curly hair that is designed specifically for those with tighter curl patterns. Typically, I am a huge skeptic of stylers because I feel that I can achieve a very similar look with conditioner and oil, but at about $9 each this product is worth trying out.

I twisted my hair using Taliah Waajid's Curly Curl Cream and while I was twisting, I noticed that it smoothed and clumped my curls together so well that I didn't notice that I was twisting to the ends. Usually, it is difficult for me to fully twist to the ends because the coils bunch together and get smashed. The Curly Curl Cream solved that problem for me. It gave me a well defined twist pattern down the entire length of each section, incredible hold, and elongation. The set lasted me about 3 days. It probably would have lasted longer but I was lazy and didn't pineapple.


As much as I loved the Curly Curl Cream, I do have to report that after three days I attempted to co-wash and re-twist my hair using it, and it was a no-go. My hair felt different. I can't explain it, but it felt dryish and didn't twist as easily. After it dried, it was even drier, so I felt the need to co-wash again the next day with my beloved Giovanni 50/50. After a few days of babying, my hair was back to its normal moisture level....but I was left wondering what went wrong.


I haven't given up on the Curly Curl Cream. I plan to try it again, and maybe it's something that I will use when I have special occasion styling to do. It gives killer results, but I have to figure out why my hair got so dry so I can effectively moisturize in the future. I have a few products from the line to try out and I will review each one. I gave away some products to friends and family to review because I thought they were better for their hair types, so I will have them weigh in as well.


Have you ladies tried Curly Curl Cream? If so, what was your experience?

















9 comments:

  1. What does pineapple mean?

    -Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinappling is when you pull your hair into a loose ponytail at the top of your head. (Think pulling the hair throuh an ouchless band withought tightening it at all. The bulk of your hair will look like the leaves on a pineapple :)

    If your hair is shorter, you can do multiple smaller ponytails.

    Doing this keeps the strands from matting to your head at night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excuse me.....I CLEARLY was not one of those family and friends that received some products! Also, do you retwist your hair at night when you do your twist-outs? That is what will help them last longer and also give you the moisturization because you use some EVOO to retwist. Also keeps the frizz down as well. And when I say retwist, I mean in larger chunks and takes about 10 min or less. That's how I keep mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried re-twisting my whole head. To be honest, I'm scared that my hair will try to take on the pattern of the bigger twists overnight, and I would have a fuzz ball in the morning.

    But I will try.. I have a twist set in now on day 2. I will twist tonight since tomorrow is casual Friday...lol..just in case it doesn't work out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh..and girl I sent the kids line to my sister and gave Essence some foam setting lotion. I still have a conditioner that I think would work well for you...I will put it up with "what you left at my house" for you...lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the same experience, killer twist out lasted me a week but dry hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should try the Protective Mist Bodifier to refresh. It makes your hair extremely soft and moisturized.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its an anti-humectant. So it draws moisture from your hair, and blocks moisture from the outside. Moisturize with an oil first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I BELIEVE ITS BECAUSE CO WASHED WHICH JUST REALLY LEAVES PRODUCT SOUNDS LIKE BUILD UP IS WHAT YOU EXPERIENCED

      Delete