Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Chunky Twist Out w/ Mizani Coconut Souffle



This summer I've been swimming a lot which causes the need to style my hair a lot more frequently. I've found this to be my staple quick fix between swimming sessions. Allowing my hair to dry in twists keeps it from getting tangled between stying sessions.

Once I get out of the pool I immediately rinse my hair in the shower and apply Shea Moisture's Shea and Argan conditioner. I detangle and rinse in 4 sections and air dry to about 50% (usually my roots are drier and the ends damp). I break each section down in about 4 twist, applying the Mizani Coconut Souffle (MCS) before twisting each section. The MCS is very light, yet moisturizing so my hair is typically completely dry by morning. Using a lighter styling aid gives me fuller hair and the "chunky look", as opposed to twisting with a gel or heavy cream. Re-twisting each night will stretch this style for at least three days...and by then I am ready to hit the pool again.









2 comments:

  1. very glad that you have fully commited to the retwisting each night :) it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Y'all know it took me a long time to go that route! But it really does help...especially with detangling on wash days.

    ReplyDelete