Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Product Review: Black Earth Product's African Healing Oyl






Back in February I was a hair model for Taliah Waajid's World Natural Hair Health and Beauty Show, and as compensation, was given a ton of product to try out. During on of her demonstrations, the ladies we raving over her African Healing Oyl (AHO) so I decided to put it to the test. Here I am a whole 4 months later with my review, so you know I know if it's worth the hype or not. The oil is all purpose and is meant to be used from head to toe, so I did just that.


I first tried it as a scalp oil. The bottle has an applicator tip that make scalp application a lot less messy. I do have one tip as to how you can avoid messy spills and such. Simply put, don't open it all the way. Instead of removing the foil safety seal completely, peel it back about halfway (or less) and then screw the applicator top back on. You do have to squeeze a little harder to get it out, but better that than having it tip and spill easily. I applied it to my freshly washed scalp before twisting, along each part. It sealed my hair very well, but over the course of the week I noticed my scalp was itching. More than likely this is because I never, and I do mean NEVER, put oil on my scalp because I've never had to since going natural. I think my scalp just likes to be free, so the AHO was a no-go here.


Next, I tried it as a body oil. It's always best to apply body oils right out of the shower or bath so you can seal in that moisture, just as we do with our hair. Also, the water drops on your body allows the oil to spread more evenly and less is needed. I've been using this oil almost daily for four months and I can really tell the difference in my skin. Some scars that I have had forever look noticeably lighter including (brace yourself) this corn scar that I've had for the longest time. I've been massaging the AHO onto my feet and tucking them into cotton socks every night before bed. My toe finally looks halfway like its normal self. I never did have "cute feet" but corns are not a good look. Ever. LOL!


(Second toe after four months of using AHO. It used to be a lot darker.)


(What said toe should look like...lol!)

As for the rest of my body a friend saw me recently and commented that my skin looked good. His actual words were "your legs don't look as ashy as they used to." O_o I'll just take that as a complement and keep it moving... :) If I'm wearing shorts or short sleeves, this oil give my arms and legs a nice sheen without looking too greasy. Another great benefit of the AHO is that once you rub it in, you don't have to worry about it rubbing off onto your clothes and leaving the dreaded "grease stain" you'd typically get with other oils.


So in my personal opinion the African Healing Oyl is pretty amazing! Definitely try it out. It runs about $8-9 per bottle and I'm *still* working on my first bottle. It's getting close to it's end and I already have bottle #2 on deck. I will not let myself run out of this stuff!

Have you ladies tried Taliah's African Healing Oyl?? What do you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment