Monday, October 13, 2014

Beating the Weather with Natural Hair

This past weekend I had the pleasure of attending Homecoming Weekend at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. Y'all know how much preparation and coordinating goes into the whole homecoming experience! I had outfits picked out months in advance, and planned to wear my hair in a blown out twist-out.

The forecast called for rain, which absolutely sucked, but I kept it moving and prepped my hair with Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil leave in conditioner, blew it out, and twisted with the their Curling Gel Souffle. I used the gel sparingly, because it has a tendency to weigh the hair down if you use too much, and I wasn't really going for the wet Jeri Curl look. The next morning I woke up to the perfect set!

Once the rain started in, my hair began to expand before everybody's  my very eyes. I started to panic, but then I thought, why should I? I happen to like my hair all big and puffy. The only person any wiser to what was really going on was me. So I rocked it.

Later that night I came up with the twisted updo for a party. I need to perfect that look, but I did like it! Looking back on these pics made me realize how much I was #winning with my natural hair. Seems like I couldn't have gone wrong either way :)

Smooches

Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment