Thursday, November 17, 2011

Natural Hair: Evening Styling


The Soul Train Music Awards are being taped in Atlanta today and I'M GOING!! The past week has been a whirlwind with finding something to wear and deciding how I want my hair to look. I lucked up and found a "stylist" who works in Dillard's. He had a vision and I put together my whole look based off of his instruction.



For my hair, I decided to stretch it out for the show. My dress has a one shoulder design, so I either need to pull it to one side or wear it big.


I prepped the night before by detangling with Organics Passionfruit Guava Conditioner and EVOO. I twisted and let that dry to stretch my hair.




The next night I blew my hair out one section at a time, then re-twisted with Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie. I then set the twist on flexirods so that they would have more body when I release them.

I will update tomorrow with the finished look..but this looks promising :)





No comments:

Post a Comment