Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Product Review: Revlon Amber Waves All Purpose 50/50 Nylon Natural Brush


A situation of desperation lead me in search of a hair brush at 7:45 am this morning. I was on my way to work and had plans to style my hair in the parking lot before entering the building.

Then I realized that I didn't have a brush with me. Panic set in.

Last night I slept with my hair in two pig-tails....with no scarf...on a cotton pillowcase (I know...horrible!). Needless to say the resulting bed head this morning was a hot mess. I had fuzz everywhere and the only things I had to tame it were my fingers and some Eco gel.

It was NOT gonna happen.

So I stopped in Kroger thinking that I would have to buy some measly, hard brush for at least $10. But there on the top row (and surprisingly, not in the "ethnic" section) was a Revlon Amber Waves Brush. I have used the Amber Waves line before. I bought one of their loop-tipped vent brushes about a year ago and loved it. Immediately, I could tell that this 50/50 Nylon-Natural brush had real potential. The design was sleek. Its bristles were thick. I touched it and the bristles were somewhere between soft and firm. The rows of bristles were longer than on most brushes, which I love for even smoothing.

I expected it to cost more, but it was only $3.99 (reg. price). I used it immediately and loved the results. This brush really grabs and smooths without tugging. Some naturals don't believe in brushing, but I ain't one of them..lol! I love a good brush and on this one I am a believer so far. I will update if anything changes.

*Smooches*

The label claims the following:

    This all-purpose brush is a great way to smooth, shine and groom your hair. Intermixed with all-natural bristles, it helps add sheen and luster, and stimulates your scalp for a healthy-looking, beautiful style each time you use it.

    • 50% nylon bristles smooth your "locs"
    • 50% natural bristles lock-in sheen
    • Nylon bristles are great for medium to coarse hair
    • Soft, all-natural bristles are great for all hair textures and
    • Help to retain and spread moisture
    • Prevents breakage and enhances growth

No comments:

Post a Comment