Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Fav Vlogger: Naptural85 on YouTube

I'm not too big on watching natural hair Vloggers on YouTube, but I have run across one who is particularly helpful. She vlogs under the handle "Naptural85" (<-- click her for a link to her channel) and her videos are very informative with lots of helpful tidbits.

I tried her version of a two-strand twist out, where she flat twists the roots for added definition. I've done this method before, when my hair was shorter, and didn't like it. This time it worked like a charm! Naptural85 uses a whipped shea butter cream that she makes from scratch. I didn't have any shea to whip so I used the thickest cream I had on hand, which happened to be B&B Lock & Twist Cream.

I picked up B&B Lock & Twist Cream at the Bronner Bros. International Hair Show for all of $2.50. It is thick and somewhere between creamy and greasy; the scent is amazing...mango I think. The last time I used it reminded me of a twist out I'd done using shea butter, and it worked well this time, too. On barely damp, sectioned hair, I applied the product to each section with the Denman. Flat twisting the roots helps to pull them taunt.

I slept in a satin scarf and (SLOWLY!!) un-twisted the next morning. You cannot move too fast on the take-down or you will have tangles and frizz. I love it now, but I bet I will love it more tomorrow. Tonight I will re-twist in larger sections or try Naptural85's "Twist Out Stretching Bun Method." This is looking like it may become my winter routine. It's either that or my pig-tailed bun :)

*Smooches*



3 comments:

  1. Your hair has grown out so much! it's gorgeous. I started following this blog when I was transitioning and it's really encouraging to see how far you've come! Thanks for the motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marcy! I just peeped your profile pic and your hair is super cute!! The years go by so fast, before you know it you will look up and have "long hair, don't care" goin on..lol!

    You guys keep me motivated to keep trying and posting new things. Thanks for following! :)

    ReplyDelete