Thursday, April 5, 2012

Twist n' Knots




I know I say this ALL the time....but I finally think I have found my favorite twist method! LOL!

I call it Twist n' Knots for simplicity, but it's really just flat twists with bantu knots on the end of each twist. I've done this several times on myself and once on a friend of mine. Each time the results were the same. This method works better on hair that has been stretched from either a ponytail or previous twisting session.

The hair is dampened with plain water (dampened, not soaked or your hair won't dry overnight)and prepped with plain shea butter. Your hair should be wet enough to be pliable, and it should twist easily/smoothly. If not, add a tad bit more water.

Then, flat twist downward, all the way to the ends. Create a bantu knot with the tail of each twist. Allow to dry overnight, then gently take down in the morning. Allow the hair to fluff on it's own while you dress to preserve the curl pattern created by the bantu knots. Do cover any patches of exposed scalp by gently separating if needed :)

At night, I preserve by re-twisting in large, single twists with bantu knots. I'll post those pics in another post. I also need to tell you ladies about a new conditioner that I'm trying out. It definitely made a great first impression, but I don't want to say until I've used it at least twice.

Still loving Gel nails...my I've gone from mauve to alpine grey to bubble gum pink...and I love it! (and just in case you are reading this, THANKS BABE!!)

**Smooches**

Natasha









No comments:

Post a Comment