Thursday, July 16, 2009

Protective Styling: It's for My Own Good!!

Ok...I finally broke down and admitted that I needed to give my hair a break, so I am finally rockin a curly sew-in weave. I have really small cornrows in the front from ear-to-ear, and red tinted spirals in the back. It's too cute! I decided on curls because I couldn't bring myself to put long, straight hair all down my back after rockin my TWA for last two months... the word "traitor" kept playing in my head every time it crossed my mind. The curls remind me of my own hair and I feel very comfortable in it.

The crazy thing is... I am DYING to co-wash my hair already and it's only been about 5 days. I need to put all of my conditioners away so that I don't instantly throw a gob of it into this weave one morning..LOL..that would be a hot mess!

I have concocted a spritz using some Kemi Oyl, water, and Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner to keep my braids thoroughly moisturized. The key to protective styling is moisture, and I would hate to take this style down in a month or so only to find crispity, crunchity natural hair underneath!! I plan to spray my cornrows twice a week, and the braids under my sew in at least once a week; washing every two weeks. I am hoping for some serious growth/retention after all of this.

I do have pictures on my BlackBerry, but I do not know how to upload them to a computer. Any suggestions?

Now that my hair is put away, I will probably direct some energy into my diet, skin, and nails so don't be surprised if you see some posts about those topics soon.

2 comments:

  1. well usually when i want to put pictures from my phone onto my blog, I'd email them to myself. Go into my email, open the picture and save it to my computer. Hope that helps some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Samantha! Welcome to the site :)

    As luck would have it, I am way too cheap to pay for a data plan on my phone, so I can't email from my BlackBerry. I only use it for texting.

    I can send MMS, so I plan to send a pic mail to my friend and have her email it to me...LOL. Complicated, but I think it will work so be on the lookout for some new pics.

    ReplyDelete