Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mizani Butter Rich: Dry Twist Out

Here are some pics of a dry twist out that I did using Mizani Butter Rich that I bought at the World Natural Hairshow. I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE this stuff! It softens my hair right on up for easy twisting. The consistency is somewhat watery when applied but you can feel the natural oils as you twist and when it dries. I would not recommend this if you are blowing your hair out with a blow dryer for a twist out because it dampens the hair quite a bit.



This style was achieved on a one day old wash-n-go. I didn't part, just grabbed sections as I went, applying the Butter Rich and twisting to the ends. I allowed it to dry overnight under a silk scarf, but my hair was still a little damp the next morning. When taking the twists down, I didn't fluff or separate for this reason to avoid frizz. Here are the results...














The next night I re-twisted in larger sections as Tdavis recommended. I literally took four twist and twisted them into one (without messing up the original pattern) and it took maybe 5 minutes. The next day my hair was bigger ( a little..dare I say...WILD, even) and I think I liked it more that way. Trying to get 3 day hair out of this set re-twisting with EVOO each night and applying Eco gel to the edges.


Oh, yeah! I finally got my hands on the EcoStyler with Argan Oil. More on that later. Have you ladies tried Mizani Butter Rich? It retails at about $19.99 per jar at most local BSS.

2 comments:

  1. Tonight is my first night trying it. I like how it feels going on. The true test will be how it feels in the morning. It smells sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it does smell great!! The Coconut Suffle smells even better (if you like coconut) but it's a lot lighter than the Butter Rich.

    Did you twist with it? Let me know how you like it.

    Thanks for reading and responding :)

    ReplyDelete