Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Type 4 Shrinkage: My Hair in all its Shriveled Glory

Just to look at my hair, you would never know that I am almost 3 years in the game of my journey through Natural Hair. Shrinkage is a "B" and then some!! It keeps me from having the voluminous hair that I long for without the use of heat. Some people actually see my hair as big hair...I can hear them whispering about "all that hair" when I walk past them. When I look in the mirror, I swear I can see straight through it! LOL!






The pic below is my true curl pattern from a wash n' go. The front is pinned with bobby pins. You see how tiny my fro is...






The pic below is a twist-out done on dry hair using the Mizani Butter Rich. A little more volume, but it still looks sparse to me...lol!



I believe it's time for me to try banding or braiding to stretch my hair out as much as possible before setting with the twists. I WANT BIG HAIR without using heat to get it!! But 3 years in, I am a little tired of the extra work it takes to make my hair do what it don't do...lol! I officially have Natural Hair Senioritis :(



What have you ladies tried to keep things fresh in the "relationship" with your hair??? DISH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment