Friday, March 2, 2012

Quick Update: Twist Stretching and Gel Nails



Ladies!

It has been a while since my last post, so I wanted to drop in to catch up. A lot of changes at work and at home have had me stretched thin lately. There hasn't been much time to experiement with my hair or new products :( I am in deperate need of a color touch up, and my nails were looking beyond tragic.

So last weekend I was basically dragged to the nail salon for a mani/pedi. Apparently my guy likes nails to be presentable, so he footed the bill, and I splurged on a gel manicure. The brand is Perfect Match and I forget the color, but it's like a mauve, I think. Gel polish is cured with the UV light dryer and dries to a perfect finish. The results are supposed to last for 2 weeks without chipping. I was a total skeptic, but it is holding up very well!! I'm almost a week in without a single chip! It kinds reminds me of acrylic tips without the drilling, which is great. As cheap as I am, I may have to keep this up. Here are my nails, 3 days later. Still perfect :)





As for my hair, I took some time to twist over the weekend, so my hair would match my lovely nails. I tried a stretching technique that I learned watching Naptural85 on YouTube. You basically twist damp hair, pull each twist around your head and pin it down. Once dry, you have a lot less shrinkage. This method worked very well, so I suggest you ladies try it out.




At night, leave the crown out to dry...




Here are the results the next morning. My twists are usually half as long with shrinkage...






As for products, here's a list of what's working for me now:

Shampoo: Suave Coconut to clarify
Shampoo: Shea Moisture's Moisture Retention

Co-wash: Aussie Moist Conditioner

Leave-in: Organix Passionfruit Guava Conditioner mixed with EVOO

Twisting: Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie

Edges: EcoStyler Gel w/ Argan Oil



*Smooches*

Queenofthe4's

No comments:

Post a Comment